Ethos & Values
Everyone succeeds, everyone matters and everyday counts.
At Southfield School we work together to:
- Provide all pupils and staff with a safe, calm and happy working environment.
- Focus on pupil progress and achievement through a curriculum that is engaging and motivating.
- Develop the key skills and behaviours needed for independence, communication, positive learning behaviour, physical and emotional self-regulation, social skills and life skills, alongside academic skills.
- Recognise and celebrate the individual strengths and talents of all our pupils.
- Recognise and support the individual needs of all our pupils.
- Develop positive partnerships with parents and other agencies.
Our School Rules are:
We are kind to everyone, kind words, hands and feet
We take care of our school and the people in it
We are in the right place at the right time
We try hard with our work (good looking, good listening, good thinking)
We try new things and ‘have a go’
We walk in school
If things go wrong we stop and calm, say “sorry”, then put things right
We have fun with our learning
Read more about our values