Welwyn and Hatfield schools partnership
Kim Bates is the Southfield link to the Welwyn and Hatfield schools partnership team.
Kim’s role in school is to provide support, advice and information to the families within our school community. She can help you with any worries that you may have in relation to your child's education, behaviour and wellbeing. She is also here as someone to talk to if you need it.
Kim can meet with you at home or in school at a time to suit you. Advice and support is confidential although concerns relating to the safeguarding of children will always be dealt with in accordance with the school's Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy.
Support for pupils includes:
- promoting good attendance and punctuality
- promoting self-esteem and confidence
- promoting positive behaviour and positive attitudes towards learning
- providing one-to-one support
Support for families includes:
- providing information and signposting to other services in the local area
- liaising with a range of external services such as Housing and Social Care
- assistance in completing paperwork and forms e.g. housing, special educational needs, school places and benefits
- attendance and support at school and other agency meetings
- advice and support in promoting positive behaviour at home
- guidance with career and personal development and access to training and workshops in school.
If you would like to come along and see Kim, please speak Sarah Lettis, Southfield Family Liaison Officer. Kim can also be contacted directly on 07432 364475. Also, keep an eye on the Welwyn Garden City and Hatfield School Partnership Facebook page for details of new courses and support groups and on their website. The link is below.