School Uniform Guidance
School Uniform plays a valuable role in contributing to the ethos of the school and setting an appropriate tone. We have a dress code which we hope instills pride; supports positive behaviour and discipline; encourages identity with, and support for, school ethos; ensures pupils of all races and backgrounds feel welcome; protects children from social pressures to dress in a particular way; nurtures cohesion and promotes good relations between different groups of pupils.
Above all, we believe that a school uniform supports effective teaching and learning and creates a sense of identity and belonging.
Our school uniform guidance aims to keep costs to a minimum and allow for different cultures.
Our uniform comprises:
- Grey trousers, skirt or jogging bottoms.
- Grey school logo polo shirt and grey school logo sweatshirt.
- Black school shoes or black training shoes.
- In addition, we would also highly recommend that children have a grey school logo fleece
In summer months:
- Grey shorts/skirts or blue and white dress
For Physical Education:
- Black PE short
- White T-shirt
- Black plimsolls or trainers
In order to keep costings to a minimum for parents, these can be purchased from any retailer.
- For girls a one piece costume and for boys suitable swimming trunks
We also sell to parents, from our uniform supplier, a Southfield winter hat and a summer baseball cap. It is a requirement that all children have a cap for hot sunny days.
The uniform is available from the school office. We buy directly from the manufacturer and sell at a non profit price.
Please ensure that all uniform is labelled with your child's name.
Some pupils may have difficulties with certain items of clothing due to sensory processing difficulties. Please inform staff and we will agree on an alternative together.